We just returned from the US Embassy. The letter we needed was ready and waiting for us at the ICBF at 8:30a.m. We went direct to the Embassy after picking it up. At the Embassy we filed the paperwork, paid the fee and answered a few questions. The guy said 'your Visa is approved - come back tomorrow at 3:30p.m. to pick it up'. So we are good to go! Working on finalizing flights now for our trip back home Wednesday!!!
Backing up a little to fill you in on our days since I haven't blogged in a few...
Saturday morning we went to an Artisan store nearby. 3 floors full of Colombian made crafts, etc. Just about anything you would ever want. It's a good thing space is limited in my suitcase! We bought a few things to help us remember our time here and keep Colombia close in our hearts.
Saturday afternoon I took Johan to the movies at Unicentro. I don't think he's ever been to the cinema. It was a kid-flick Pequeno something. I could understand enough of the plot to enjoy it. As in the US - the popcorn and soda cost almost as much as the movie (some things are just universal!).
Sunday we hung out in the morning then took a long walk in the afternoon. We hiked over to Santa Barbara where there is a Sunday afternoon market. We strolled around there then headed over to Unicentro for some of the best ice cream I have had.
We met a family from South Carolina at the Embassy today. It looks like we will be on the same flight Wednesday. The Swiss family arrived at Hotel Paris last night. They pick up their baby this afternoon. So that should stir this place up a bit.
Hotel Paris is similar to Patricia's place in Ibague - it's just larger (and the beer and sodas are included in the rate). Hotel Paris also has a lively bunch of workers. It sounds like there is always a party in the kitchen. It's a great sound. I guess occasionally when they've had a family here for a long period of time they throw a big party in preparation for their departure. They bring in a band and everything.
The neighborhood we are in is very nice - several parks, plenty of shops and restaurants (even KFC & McDonalds around the corner - if you call those restaurants). Johan told me today he's never been to a McDonalds. I think we'll leave it that way. Luckily he doesn't even like chicken nuggets.
That's all for now.
Have a great day,
Carrie
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment