Tuesday, September 22, 2009

On our way!

My heart skipped a few beats this afternoon when we arrived at the Embassy at 3:30 (as told) and the gates were closed and blinds were drawn. Luckily someone peered out and Helena flagged them down and told them we were there for our adoption Visas. They let us in thankfully. It only took a few minutes to collect our paperwork and journey on our way. The Embassy was extremely busy yesterday morning, but fairly quiet this afternoon. Helena said it is the busiest and largest US Embassy in the world. A week ago this time the State Department was sending notices about a demonstration at the Embassy and warned US citizens to stay away. I'm thankful our timing did not fall in line with the demonstrations. The demonstrations were against the US putting military bases in Colombia. From what I have heard most Colombians are pleased about the military bases and the relationship with the US. (most are very against Chevez & Venezuela - as I'm sure you have heard).

Anyway - barring any flight delays we will be home tomorrow (Wednesday) evening. Johan is so excited. He's acting like he just drank 8 bottles of Mountain Dew. Energy is spewing from the kid. I doubt he'll sleep. Right now he is running around the house playing chase/hide-and-go-seek with Camila, the 5 year old daughter of one of the workers here.

As they say in Colombia...Chao,
Carrie

BTW - check out the Raising Colombian Kids Blog: http://raisingcolombiankids.blogspot.com/
Melinda, the owner of the blog, posted the info I sent her on Ibague this week. As I've mentioned her blog is fantastic for learning more about Johan's homeland.

No comments: