Johan's birthday is this coming Sunday (Sept 13) - he turns 12. Since Tom is leaving tomorrow we decided to celebrate yesterday. On Tuesday we sat Johan down and through the online translator explained that Papa had to leave Friday to go home and that we wanted to celebrate his birthday early. Typical go-with-the-flow Johan was good with it all (not to mention what 12 year old wouldn't want to celebrate their birthday early). So while we were at the mall the other day we picked up some balloons and paper plates, etc. At the grocery with Patricia yesterday we chose a Tres Leches cake. We decided to go ahead and let Johan open his presents as soon as we got back from the store - otherwise we knew if we waited until after dinner he would be up all night. He was very excited. His 'big gift' was a NintendoDS game thingy. He of course immediately buried his nose in it and played away. When I asked him if he wanted to play SkipBo with Papa, Patricia and I, he looked at me like I'd lost my marbles.
I've been chatting off-and-on via email with Melinda who writes the 'Raising Colombian Kids' blog (you can find the link to the blog on the home page of this blog). She is planning on turning her blog into a book - which I think is an excellent idea. Her blog is full of wonderful information about Colombia and the different regions as well as suggestions on recipes, books, etc. and info about adopting from Colombia. One area she hasn't written about is Ibague - so she has asked me to gather what I can while I am here. So I'm going to have to dig and pick Patricia's brain on what we can say about Ibague.
It looks like we may go to the pool today since it is Tom's last full day here.
Have a great day,
Carrie
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks Carrie!
Post a Comment