Well it's been a bit of a whirlwind. I think I left off with you yesterday that we just officially received our 4 foot something 70 pound (approx) bundle of boy! Our kind lawyer scooted off to Melgar and was back by 7p.m. last night with new birth certificates in hand. She told us to meet her at the passport office at 8a.m. this morning. I emailed our contact, Helena, in Bogota and filled her in - telling her we would likely arrive in Bogota Thursday afternoon (per Patricia's timeline). I received an email from Helena this morning that said it would be nice if we could get to Bogota today (Wednesday).
So as we were getting ready this morning I told Patricia that Helena was hoping we would arrive yet today. Patricia said 'no way - it can't happen - there is not enough time'. I shook it off and said 'ok - I'm just passing on what Helena told me'.
So we went to the passport office then to the airline to change tickets. The only flight today was at 2p.m. We were supposed to pick up the passport at 12:30 - which really didn't give us much time for error or to get to the airport. So I told the lady to book us for the first flight tomorrow - 6a.m. Well, Patricia is not a morning person - she quickly changed her tune and said 'I think we can get you on the afternoon flight'. She pulled some strings and we got Johan's passport at 10a.m. - packed at 11a.m. - lunch at noon - airport at 12:30p.m. where there was an earlier flight to Bogota that we caught. We landed in Bogota at 1:45p.m.
We are now across town in Hotel Paris. The temperature here is about 15-20 degrees colder than Ibague. Johan keeps asking me if I'm cold - he's acting like he is not but right now he is huddled under a pile of blankets watching Spiderman!
We have the appointment with the Embassy Dr. at 5p.m. Helena is trying to move things along for us. Unfortunately the Embassy doesn't issue Visa's on Friday and I don't think they will have the paperwork they need tomorrow so we will likely file the Visa on Monday. I should know more once we meet with Helena (which I think is yet today).
I'm beat right now. Howling dog and HUGE thunderstorms kept both of us up last night. I don't think we're going to have a hard time sleeping tonight.
Carrie
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment