Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Home Study - DONE!

I think I reported to you on November 6th that I thought we would have the Home Study done that day. Well after several delays we finally received it yesterday, December 3! After our social worker told us it was almost done, the agency said 'halt' - we need more info. They also made us go back and get the child abuse clearance from CA for Tom - even though CA told us 2 months ago they stopped doing them. For some reason they now do them.
Regardless - the home study is done!! I just got back from sending the I800A. I'm told the approval for the I800A will take about 3 months. It sure didn't seem like 3 months worth of reading! I called to see if it could be expedited but they said no chance. So back to waiting...
I tried to start some of the process for the dossier - but the agency told me to wait since the documents have to be less than 4 or 6 months old. Very discouraging...
The good news is that we received an email from Johan today. I sent him a few pictures of us from Thanksgiving. He sent a few of Colombia back to us and said he is doing well in school.
We had dinner a few weeks ago with one of the fellow Kidsave host parents as well as our new friends from Oakwood who will be adopting the kids these people hosted. It was nice being able to share our experiences with each other and commiserate over the lengthy process.
That's about all the news for now.
Carrie

No comments: