Everything seems to be falling into place. Our tickets are booked - we used the travel agency that our adoption agency recommended. They specialize in adoptions and do not charge a booking fee - which was a good thing. We had some challenges getting a decent fare for the in-country flight but ended up with a $200 flight instead of a $400 after a little prodding. So I was happy with those savings.
We arrive Sunday night into Bogota and stay near the airport. The next morning we have an early flight to Ibague which is where everything will take place. I'm hoping we get Johan that day - but it could be the next day.
We will likely stay at Patricia's Place - a home that caters to adoptive families. I've talked to two different families who have stayed there and both gave glowing recommendations. The price includes 3 meals a day which makes things easy. I just wonder what we're going to do day in and day out to entertain ourselves! We're packing lots of card games, a few movies and some good books (we'll have to find a swimming pool too!). Ibague is not very touristy (like Bogota or some of the other areas) so I don't know that there will be much to see. If we have the opportunity we may try to travel and visit other areas of Colombia - we'll see...
Colombia doesn't have seasons like we do. I've been checking the weather for Ibague - it's steady at 87 during the day and 70 at night with a chance of thunderstorms every day. Bogota is higher in the mountains - so a much cooler high of 64 and low of 42.
That's all for now - hopefully I'm not repeating myself too much.
Take care,
Carrie
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment