Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I800: What does it mean?

Blogger wasn't working too well yesterday and some of the info I originally posted got cut off - so trying again...
We received notification from USCIS (immigration) yesterday that our I800 is approved. This is basically the last round of paperwork. This document gives us approval to adopt Johan. It is sent to Colombia where they review and give us a travel date. Our agency says a minimum of 2 weeks - more likely 3 weeks. So hopefully that means we'll be on a plane the last week of August!

We also filed for our Visa's on Friday. Tourists do not need to have Visa's for Colombia but since we are conducting legal business we have to have one.

We went shopping for a few clothes for Johan on Sunday. I've learned that he will likely come with the clothes on his back - and that's it. So we don't want to have to spend all our time shopping for clothes in Colombia! I suppose I should also take a sweatshirt or something for him - poor kid is going to have to get used to the cold!

We are also planning to celebrate his birthday while we are there - he turns 12 on September 13.

We'll keep you posted...
Carrie

No comments: