Friday, June 12, 2009

More Waiting! With a little action.

Last I posted (end of April!) we had just received notification of approval. At that time the adoption agency told us they thought it would be about 3 weeks to referral. I was as patient as I could be and let it go to 5 weeks. At 5 weeks I started emailing our (new) contact at the agency asking for an update. No response...(which added up to great frustration!)

So this week marked 6 weeks and I was tired of hearing nothing. So I called our new rep and left her a message. I gave her 24 hours - and still no response. So I called her boss - who is out for 3 weeks. Then I called her boss. I finally received a call from someone named Argerie who is the Country Manager. Her first respond to my plight was that she would be going to Colombia in July and she would inquire about our case. I said 'JULY! WE'RE EXPECTED TO WAIT UNTIL JULY TO GET A STATUS UPDATE!?'. She quickly retreated (since I'm sure I sounded as if I might cause bodily harm) and said she would call their rep in Colombia and see if she could find out anything.

I received a call back a few hours later (squeaky wheel works sometimes). Argerie said she talked to the in-country rep who said our referral was all done in the region and had been sent to Bogota - who would then be sending it on to us. So good news! (FINALLY) Argerie estimates we'll have the referral in about a week! (I'm trying to manage my expectations and not get my hopes up - but it's TOO LATE!)

Our other hot topic has been our move. We moved into our new house on May 30. When we put our house on the market I knew it was going to be tricky with the adoption. I am (still) hoping it doesn't delay us any. I lined up the fire inspector to come on June 2 and our social worker to visit on June 3. I picked up our ammended home study today - which we now have to file with our dossier and the USCIS. Which means another Apostille (and a trip to Columbus Monday).

So that's our news.
Happy Friday,
Carrie

No comments: