Saturday, June 20, 2009

MORE Fingerprints!

A week ago Friday our rep from the agency told us that we had to re-do our FBI clearance - which means even more fingerprints! Well we had quite the episode this week trying to get these done. The first time we had them done we went to the Troy Police Department and a friend of ours did them for us. They had the paper card to complete them. This time we went to the Troy PD and they said we had to bring our own card because they are out of them - and no one seemed to know where we could obtain them. Well, after numerous conversations with our agency and our friend Carol (the one from Oakwood who is adopting) we received the news that the FBI no longer accepts paper prints - only electronic. I found this odd since our agency originally told us that they only accepted paper prints! It was quite the run around and ordeal. So yesterday I decided to cut to the chase and call the FBI directly. And contrary to what we learned they do still accept the paper version and we can download the form from the web! I should have started there first!!

The next challenge was finding an agency that would do the prints same day. Troy only does them on Tuesday's and Thursday's. Vandalia will not book same day - you have to book at least a day in advance. Finally I found out the Shelby County Sheriff department and Tipp City Police would do them on a walk-in basis. So challenge solved! (especially since Tom was up in Shelby County and I was close to Tipp City!). Fingerprints done (yet again!).

We received our translated referral yesterday (Friday). Which means we can now submit all of our other paperwork! I'm prepping that this weekend so we are ready to roll first thing Monday.

Have a great father's day everyone,
Carrie

No comments: